Wine Godeval Cepas Vellas
Wine Spectator's Top 100
- GRAPE EXCHANGE: Godello grape
- TYPE OF WINE: White
- Designation of Origin: Valdeorras
- ALCOHOL CONTENT: 13º voñ
- SERVICE TEMPERATURE: 8º-10º C
- WINERIES: Godeval
- TASTING NOTES: Greenish yellow color with golden tones. Aroma of medium intensity, clean, enveloping with hints of ripe fruit (apple, melon and pineapple) and fine herbs from the field (fennel and mint). In the mouth it is especially pleasant, with a balance between sweet sensations that provide body and volume, and acid flavors that give freshness, as well as highly complex mineral notes provided by the slate of the soil from which it comes; offering a set of long and pleasant sensations.
Buy your Godeval Cepas Vellas wine online at the best price
Characteristics of the wine
Winemaking Godeval Cepas Vellas
Vinification process in the presence of its own lees for about 5 months in stainless steel tanks
What kind of wine is Godeval Cepas Vellas
A complete, full-bodied wine that surprises from the first moment and remains in the memory.
The Godeval winery
Today, the Galician company Bodegas Godeval produces its wines with the same eagerness and commitment with which they began, 30 years ago, to recover the white Godello variety, under the Valdeorras designation of origin. In their facilities, located in the historic environment of Xagoaza (O Barco), they began their project to recover the variety in the 80s, using part of the medieval building of the Mosteiro de Xagoaza as a winery and planting their own vineyards, to control everything the process and follow the maxim “that wine is made in the vineyard”.
Denomination of Origin of Godeval Cepas Vellas
Valdeorras is a designation of origin whose production area is located in the North-Eastern part of the province of Orense. It is made up of 8 municipalities. Watered by the Sil river, it obtained the qualification of designation of origin in 1945.
Varieties of grapes used in Godeval Cepas Vellas
Made 100% with the godello grape variety
Slate soil on which the vines are settled.
Godeval Cepas Vellas wine pairing
Ideal with seafood, fish, poultry, game, mushrooms and creamy cheeses.
Occasions to drink Godeval Godello
Perfect for special celebrations.
Quality / Price ratio of Godeval Cepas Vellas
Good value for money
Degree of alcohol and serving temperature Godeval Cepas Vellas
Its alcohol content is 13º vol, and it is recommended to drink between 8º-10º temperature of the wine.
- There are still no reviews for this product.
Selected rating, fill in the comment form to record it.
Leave your comment (The comments and evaluation go through a purchase verification control before being published)
Other customers also