Wine Cruz de Piedra Tinto
- GRAPE EXCHANGE: Garnacha grape
- TYPE OF WINE: Red
- Designation of Origin: Calatayud
- ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14º vol.
- SERVICE TEMPERATURE: 14º C
- WINERIES: Coop. Virgen de la Sierra
- TASTING NOTES: Red stone cross, has an intense and extroverted aroma. In the mouth it shows exuberant flavors of concentrated berries and a magnificent structure.
- MARK / PRODUCER: Coop. Virgen de la Sierra
- ORIGIN: Zaragoza-Spain
Buy your Cruz de Piedra red wine online at the best price
Cruz de Piedra Tinto an extroverted wine
Special features of the wine:
Elaboration Cruz de Piedra Tinto
A selection of Garnacha tinta from the country is destemmed and crushed for fermentation in concrete tanks at a temperature of 26ºC, approximately for three weeks. Post-fermentation maceration of 10 days. Then the malolactic fermentation takes place in concrete tanks for two or three weeks.
Finally, it is stabilized, micro filtered and bottled for consumption
Type of wine Cruz de Piedra Tinto
Young red wine from a large structure
The Coop winery. Virgin of the Sierra
Bodega Cooperativa Virgen de la Sierra has the honor of being one of the first Cooperatives of Aragón. Founded in 1954, with the efforts of many, it was possible to build a building that represented not only the desire to work and effort, but the entrepreneurial spirit to do something new, different ...
This spirit is what we want to convey: farmers who want to look forward, professionals who observe the market and can give that touch of distinction to our wine ...
The Denomination of Origin Calatayud
The D.O.P. Calatayud is located in the westernmost part of the province of Zaragoza, 87 kilometers from Zaragoza and only 1 hour from Madrid on AVE.
The geographical area of ??the D.O.P. Calatayud is constituted by the following municipal terms:
The D.O.P. Calatayud is located within the Community of Calatayud region belonging to the province of Zaragoza and bordering the provinces of Soria, Guadalajara and Teruel.
From the geomorphological point of view, the Calatayud basin is a miniature reproduction of the Ebro basin with three differentiated units: the outer saws, the interior of the pit and the piedmont.
It is an area of ??complicated orography, located in the foothills of Moncayo and characterized by a complex hydrographic network formed by various tributaries of the Ebro River, such as Jalón, Jiloca and other minor. The vineyards descend on the slopes of the mountains, with altitudes ranging between 550 and 1,040 meters.
The land is undulating, with most of the vineyards settling on stony, loose soils, very poor in nutrients and with a high proportion of limestone. They have good permeability and are healthy.
The Garnacha grape
These vineyards of iva Garnacha are planted in a glass, and in dry land, in the mountains of the municipality of Villarroya de la Sierra, in the Iberian System, predominantly clayey soil. The harvest is done manually.
Wine pairing Cruz de Piedra Tinto
To take with game meats, stews, sausages and cheeses
Occasions in which Cruz de Piedra Tinto is appropriate
In outdoor meals
Price / quality ratio Cruz de Piedra Tinto
Good value for money
Graduation and optimal service temperature Cruz de Piedra Tinto
14th graduation It is recommended to consume at 14º
Wine Awards Cruz de Piedra Tinto
87 points R Parker The Wine Advocate, Issue # 189 June, 2010
- 89 points R.Parker, The Wine Advocate, Issue 175, February 2008
- Seal Approval. Mention "Good Value for money", Int Wine Challenge 01 -Seal Approval. Mention "Good Value for money", Int Wine Challenge 02 - Silver LA County Fair 05 - Silver decanter Awards 05 - Seal Approval Int WChallenge 05 - Trophee Prestige. You
- 87 points R. Parker The Wine Advocate "Issue 181, February 2009
- 87 points Peñin Guide 2013
"Red wine of great structure."
- There are still no reviews for this product.
Other customers also