Wine Azpilicueta Origen
Stock: 100 units
- GRAPE EXCHANGE: Tempranillo grape
- TYPE OF WINE: Red
- Designation of Origin: Rioja
- ALCOHOL CONTENT: 13,5º vol
- SERVICE TEMPERATURE: 14º-16º C
- WINERIES: Azpilicueta
- TASTING NOTES: Cherry red color, very vibrant, very attractive. It leaves us expectant before what we are going to feel when we smell and have the wine in our mouths. Deliciously fruity nose. And the fact is that the first thing we are going to capture in this wine is the fruit: cherry, plum, blackberry, blueberry, a slight note of strawberry,... If we delve deeper we will find a floral side, a little liquorice. The spices ceded by the wood during its aging appear afterwards: cloves, pepper, nutmeg, a touch of vanilla, another of cocoa,... The aging is treated with subtlety, with elegance, so that it is one more component of this wine, without highlighting. And to finish his mouth, delicious, perfumed, soft, very long. The wine finally leaves us with a memory of fruits and spices and with the desire to try it again.
- BARREL AGING: 18 months
- MARK / PRODUCER: Azpilicueta
- ORIGIN: Spain
Buy Azpilicueta Origin wine online.
Elaboration Azpilicueta Origin
Its elaboration lasts between 20 to 30 days at a temperature around 28º. Its aging in French oak barrels is 18 months.
It then remains in the bottle for 20 months.
Type of wine Azpilicueta Origin
Expressive and well-structured wine with powerful fruit and balanced acidity.
The Azpilicueta Winery
Founded in 1881 by Félix Azpilicueta Martínez, a very relevant person in La Rioja. He was one of the first exporters of Rioja wines.
This winery has become one of the benchmarks for Rioja wines throughout the world.
Denomination of Origin La Rioja
It belongs to the DO Rioja, a denomination that dates back to the end of the 19th century, but which was not officially formed until 1925. The area that houses this denomination of origin encompasses the autonomous communities of Rioja and the Basque Country. The grapes produced in this denomination they are: Tempranillo, Garnacha Tinta, Mazuelo, Graciano and Maturana Tinta. The wines of this denomination are characterized by being fresh, aromatic wines, with an excellent vessel and above all they are very balanced wines.
Rioja wines are easy to drink wines.
Azpilicueta wine grape varieties Origin
Variety: 100% Tempranillo
Made with grapes from our Fuenmayor vineyards.
Azpilicueta Origin wine pairing
It goes well with red and white meats, roasts and stews. It can also be taken with game meats and poultry.
Occasions to drink Azpilicueta Origin
Wine to drink on special occasions.
Quality/Price ratio of Azpilicueta Origin
Good value for money
Graduation and service temperature of Azpilicueta Origen
Alcoholic graduation of 13, 5th vol. It is recommended to take it at a temperature of 12º-16ºC
Azpilicueta Origin Awards
91 points Peñin Guide
• WINE AND WOMEN 2017. GOLD MEDAL - 2014
• NEW WINE AWARDS 2015. GOLD MEDAL - 2011
• CATAVINUM WORLD WINE AND SPIRITS COMPETITION 2015. GOLD MEDAL - 2011
- Know the product:Yes
Leave your comment (The comments and evaluation go through a purchase verification control before being published)
Other customers also