Wine Matarromera Reserva
- GRAPE EXCHANGE: Tempranillo grape
- TYPE OF WINE: Red
- Designation of Origin: Ribera del Duero
- ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14º vol.
- SERVICE TEMPERATURE: 16º-18º C
- WINERIES: Grupo Matarromera
- TASTING NOTES: View: Intense and raised layer of purple tones with a slight cherry rim. Nose: Elegant, intense and very complex. Acid black fruit, cherry, blackberry and currant, among more mature black fruit such as blackberry, in harmony with complex aging tones, clove and black pepper spices, fine woods, fine roasted notes, licorice and black cocoa, with a mineral touch. Good structure with an intense skeleton of sweet tannins. Mouth: Excellent complexity of flavors with ripe black fruit, balsamic sensations of aromatic plants, roasted new wood, lactone sweet and pepper and licorice spices. Velvety, long and very elegant finish.
- BARREL AGING: 18 months and 22 months in bottle
- MARK / PRODUCER: Matarromera/Grupo Matarromera
- ORIGIN: Valbuena del Duero-Valladolid
You can now buy your Matarromera Reserva wine at the best price
Special characteristics of the wine:
Elaboration of Matarromera Reserva
It is made with 100% of the Tempranillo variety. It is aged in French and American oak barrels. They are fine-grained barrels for slow aging and very soft toasting, just to accompany the characteristics of their terroir.
What type of wine is Matarromera Reserva
The aging in American and French oak barrels takes place for 18 months. After two years in the bottle, the wine will be ready to satisfy the most demanding.
Matarromera Reserva wine sensations
Good structure with an intense skeleton of sweet tannins. Velvety, long and very elegant finish.
The Matarromera winery
Bodega Matarromera was founded in 1988 in Valbuena de Duero (Valladolid), and in 1994 its first wine came out, with that vintage it obtained the Best Wine in the World Award, awarded the Great Gold Medal at the International Wine Competition. The brand achieves, from its beginnings, an enviable position in the competitive wine market. Since then, there have been many and very varied awards and prizes received, both nationally and internationally, including the Food Award of Spain 2015 in the category of Best Agri-Food Industry or the recognition of the American magazine Wine & Spirits as a of the 100 best wineries in the world in 2014.
Denomination of origin Ribera del Duero
Denomination on the banks of the River Duero with an extension of 115 km in length and 35 km in width.
Located in the regions of Castilla y León, it extends through the provinces of Soria, Burgos, Segovia and Valladolid.
This appellation was established in 1982, and mainly red and rosé wines are made.
To qualify for this denomination, the wine must have at least 75% Tempranillo grapes in its production, and must be cultivated in the areas of the denomination.
The grapes are also produced: Cabernet Sauvignon Malbec, and Merlot, and to a lesser extent, the grapes, Garnacha and Albillo.
Grapes used in Matarromera Reserva wine
Made with the country's red grape (Tempranillo), typical of this designation of origin, the grape has a continuous monitoring among the parts that make up its care such as ethnologists, farmers, and of course the vines.
It comes from the vineyards that the winery owns in Olivares de Duero. The Tempranillo variety grape with which Matarromera Reserva is made is carefully selected with extreme care. The red wine that results from this process is complex, silky and very elegant.
Matarromera Reserva wine pairing
It is a perfect wine to accompany all kinds of meat, ideal for barbecues, even with spicy dishes. Blue fish are also perfect companions for this red.
Occasions when Matarromera Reserva is appropriate
It is a very interesting wine to give away and to share in moments of celebration.
Price / quality ratio Matarromera Reserva
Very tight and recommended price
Graduation and optimum service temperature of Matarromera Reserva
A graduation of 14, 5º, it is recommended to take it between 16º to 18º C of temperature. Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Matarromera Reserva wine awards and prizes
Add 2014 • 92 Guide Points Live Wine 365 Wines A Year 2018 • 92 Points Wine & Spirits 2018 • 92 Guide Points Peñín 2019 Vintage 2013 • 95 Guide Points Gourmets 2018 • 92 Guide Points Peñín 2018
- There are still no reviews for this product.
Other customers also